Good Life Odyssey
We are on a long journey to find and live the good life. For most of us, our destination is behind a haze, and we must navigate while traveling.
This website is my logbook of landings within philosophy, religion, literature, and history.
- Types of Definitions
- Justification via Other People’s Beliefs
- Beauty and Truth
- Universal Historical Laws
- Meaning and Purpose
- A Definition of Faith
- Faith and Reason
- Does Faith Decrease Righteousness?
- Why Do We Fear Death?
- Has Humanity Made Ethical Progress?
- Love Thy Neighbor as Thyself is Extreme
- Dialogue on Emptiness
- Dialogue on How to Tell if a Religion is True
- Dialogue on Socrates Doubting the Senses in Phaedo
- Dialogue on Reading vs. Watching the News
- What Causes Generation Gaps?
- Duty to Others and Plato’s Apology
- Can We Understand Antigone in Context?
- Euthyphro and a Universal Morality
- Initial Impression of Euthyphro
- Sophocles’ Ode to Man
- Critique of As a Driven Leaf
Notes and Commentary
- How to Read Non-Fiction Books
- What is the Use of History? Marc Bloch’s Methodological Answer
- Ancient Greece
- The Epic of Gilgamesh
- The Iliad
- The Odyssey
- The Homeric Hymns
- The Histories by Herodotus
- Ovid’s Metamorphoses
- The Master and Margarita
- Gulliver’s Travels by Jonathan Swift