Good Life Odyssey
We are on a long journey to find and live the good life. For most of us, our destination is behind a haze, and we must navigate while traveling.
This website is my logbook of landings within philosophy, religion, literature, and history.
- Language and Math Model Reality
- Types of Definitions
- Justification via Other People’s Beliefs
- Beauty and Truth
- Universal Historical Laws
- Meaning and Purpose
- A Definition of Faith
- Faith and Reason
- Does Faith Decrease Righteousness?
- Why Do We Fear Death?
- Has Humanity Made Ethical Progress?
- Love Thy Neighbor as Thyself is Extreme
- The Universe is Empty Yet Ultimately Real
- Why Not Make America Christian?
- Reasoning About Justice from Analogy
- Socrates Underestimated Writing
- Would You Want to Live Forever?
- Nothing Inherently Exists
- How to Tell if a Religion is True
- Socrates Would Dislike Science
- Is it Better to Read or Watch the News?
- Censoring Children
- Socrates Treats Language like Math
- Justice for its Own Sake
- Direct Perception and Dialectic
- What Causes Generation Gaps?
- Duty to Others and Plato’s Apology
- Can We Understand Antigone in Context?
- Euthyphro and a Universal Morality
- Initial Impression of Euthyphro
- Sophocles’ Ode to Man
- Critique of As a Driven Leaf
Notes, Quotes, and Commentary
- How to Read Non-Fiction Books
- How to Dialogue
- Marc Bloch on the Use of History
- Ancient Greece
- The Epic of Gilgamesh
- The Iliad
- The Odyssey
- The Homeric Hymns
- The Histories by Herodotus
- Ovid’s Metamorphoses
- The Master and Margarita
- Gulliver’s Travels by Jonathan Swift
- Glossary of Architectural Terms
- The Diary of Lady Murasaki